Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

gendol

gendol river
We were back on the ride, that sunday back on the bumblee bee wandering the river of gendol and kuning. The trip was started in afternoon, just 3 of us, me, my brother, and my cousin. After refueled we headed to the big stone at the sabo dam of gendol river, just above the dam, we descended into the river, gendol river is one of the floodway for merapi volcano, literally there are tons and tons of materials in form of volcanic sands, gravels, stones, and gigantic stones. The sabo dam was created with Japanese vulcanologist assistance. Its function is to stop those material floods from entering the city. 

overlooking gendol river








We met fellow enduro motorists there, most of them are my brother's friends. Tag along with them, to make long train of enduro bikers. The motorist cruised along sand miner truck track but sometimes the track just end and we have to make our own route, climbing up and down the valley banks and crossing creek. Even entering village road along the river. All for sudden when I took pass of miner truck my rear tyre blew up, replaced it in the nearest garage we can find, then continue our journey. 


my bro


We decide to cross gendol river then down to cross kuning river and go to museum gunung merapi in the west side of kaliurang road, there is playground for off road motor enthusiasts, with circuit and obstacles simulating off road condition. I got no gut playing in that playground, just sat smoked and drank shitty cheap rice wine that was brought by one of the motorist.
One small happiness of that day. Put a little smile on my face. Let's do this shit again bro.

along sand miner's track 

enduro motorist in museum gunung merapi circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment